Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

Week 1 Day 4

Just got back from a 35 minute "tempo run".  According to my running guru, Hal Higdon, a tempo run is where you run at an easy pace for a while and then speed up to 30-40 seconds SLOWER than your normal 10k pace, then slow back down to an easy pace.  So I ran easy for 10 minutes, aimed for around 10 minutes/mile for 15 minutes, and ran easy for another 10 minutes.

I've never run just based on timing, not distance.  I must say I really enjoyed this run.  I was really able to focus on my breathing and unwind from a hectic 13 hour day of work!  There was a storm threatening but it only started to sprinkle in my last 5 minutes.  

Yesterday was a rest day which was nice.  Luckily, I'm not hurting yet, but I know eventually my ankles and knees will get sore.  Ice will be my friend!

Tonight's song that motivated me:

Gotta love it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment