Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

What's For Dinner 3/13/12

Tonight was a repeat performance here at the Jones house. I first made these a few weeks ago and we instantly fell in love. Josh LOVES Krystal's and White Castle, so when I stumbled across this recipe on Pinterest, I knew I had to make it. I'm sure any of my old Delta Gamma sisters will join me in remembering some good times at the old Krystal's on the strip, so make this for your families and smile at the memories!!

This recipe for Homemade White Castle Sliders was adapted from Mommy's Kitchen's recipe. I made only slight changes to suit my families wishes. I didn't take any pictures but I'll try and take more to show the deliciousness that we like to eat! Enjoy!

Homemade White Castle Sliders

2 lbs angus ground chuck 80/20
minced onion flakes to cover bottom of pan
seasoned salt to cover
black pepper
cheese of your preference (we use American)
slider rolls

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
2. Cover bottom of a sheet cake pan with minced onion flakes
3. Pat out ground chuck to cover the pan into a huge patty
4. Sprinkle patty liberally with seasoned salt and black pepper
5. Cook in oven for 20 minutes (the patty will shrink inward while cooking)
6. Remove pan and blot patty with paper towel to absorb excess oil
7. Cover patty with cheese and place in oven for additional 2 minutes
8. Remove pan and let sit 5 minutes
9. Cut patties to fit slider rolls (should make 12)
10. Dress 'em up and throw 'em back!

0 comments:

Post a Comment