Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Menu plan


About a month ago I started planning out our menu for the week. Every Sunday night, I clip and organize any and all coupons. Then I ask Josh if he has any suggestions for dinner for the week:

Me: Do you have any dinner requests?
Josh: No. Well, how about buffalo chicken.


Basically, he would eat buffalo chicken for every meal. Then, I ignore him and go to my Pinterest Page and find some fun new, or some old tried and try recipes.

Monday morning, I wake my happy little butt up and go grocery shopping BY MYSELF (this is key for all you mommies out there). It's exhilarating. I don't end up with 5 boxes of Princess snacks in my cart.

So, here's our menu for the week! I hope y'all find some inspiration. Menu planning has seriously changed my life. I no longer have to answer the super annoying question,
What are we having for dinner?


Monday: Make your own taco salads

Tuesday: Crockpot vegetable soup

Wednesday: Restaurant style steaks and baked potatoes or sweet potatoes

Thursday: BBQ chicken pasta bake

Friday: leftover extravaganza!


2 comments:

  1. Yes! I love this system! I am also going to try this BBQ chicken pasta bake! Glad you started back blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete