Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

15 Month Stats (More Like 16 Month)

Lexi and Lyla had their 15 month appointment today, even though they will be 16 months on Saturday. Here are their stats:

Lexi
Height: 31 inches
Weight: 21 lbs 14 oz
Head: 46.5 cm

Lyla
Height: 31 inches
Weight: 21 lbs 12 oz
Head: 47 cm

I think they were in the 75th percentile for height, 50th percentile for weight, and 75th percentile for head circumference. This was the first time in their lives that their weights were that close! And we were shocked that Lyla's head was slightly bigger! I know I say it everytime, but I still can't believe how well our little 4 lb babies have grown! Our pediatrician was extremely pleased with their growth and development. We did discuss their increasingly picky appetites. She said that they should get 30 minutes at each meal and if they don't eat what has been given to them in that time frame, then move on. No more throwing the refrigerator and pantry at them to find what they want. If they don't want what WE have decided to give them, then they can try again at the next meal. It will be hard for me, but I do know that they will not starve themselves.

They got 2 shots each and neither one of them acted like they felt the first one, but when that MMR was given they both cried :( I knew that one would hurt. They bounced back quickly though! We go back in 3 months and then we don't have to go back until they are TWO! Wow, time sure does fly.

3 comments:

  1. I just landed on your blog from the Multiples and More site. Our girls were born on January 5, 2009, so your girls are almost exactly a month older. We have our 15-month appointment next week. I dread the shots, but I always look forward to seeing how they measure.

    Hang in there with the eating. Every day is an adventure at our house! Most of the time the girls eat pretty well, but they are SO MESSY!!! I sometimes feel like Cinderella, cleaning the floor under their high chairs on my hands and knees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! Eating time is the WORST in our house. Ella will only eat about 4 different foods. So frustrating! I hadn't heard the 30 minute time limit...that is good to know. However, we tend to eat fast and I get frustrated with all of the food playing. I figure when she is hungry she usually eats quickly. I don't know if I could wait that whole time. May try though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank G-d for healthy babies!

    ReplyDelete